Thanks for visiting...
日本語が苦手ですが、よろしく…

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The idea (part two) 着想(第二)

The second reason I decided to start drawing a comic about my experiences in Japan is my girlfriend at the time (now wife). She encouraged me to write about myself one day when I was complaining that all the comic stories I was writing were all shallow and appealing to a narrow audience. She even drew me a sample of what she thought it should look like.
日本の経験を元に漫画を描こうとした第二目の理由は僕の妻です。僕の今までの漫画を見た後に浅すぎて、この漫画を読みたい読者が少なすぎだという意見でした。だから、自分についてもっと書いたらと僕を促しました。手本まで書いてくれました。



Amazing right? If she could do this in a day, surly I could do more if I put my mind to it.
すごいでしょう?(まあ、僕が主人公だからかな…)
でも妻にこんなことができるのなら、僕にもできるでしょう。負けないように頑張るしかないのです。
I’m already pretty far along now and the problem of my stories being shallow and appealing to too narrow an audience still dog me but I’m trying…
今はだいぶ進んでいますが、前の作品のようにちょっと浅くなったりしているので、戦っています。

2 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

I think a description of a cross cultural move would be interesting to quite a few people. There are many who enjoy biogaphy. Be honest in what you write !

Brighid said...

So, I am like a little kid and I hardly ever read instructions before playing with a new toy or trying to put something together. So, I totally jumped into this manga without reading what you wrote about it.
Then I almost passed out because I thought you had written all that Japanese. Tomo wrote it, right? Not that you couldn't, but you know what I mean. Nobusan did say you were amazing (right before he decided I wasn't worth teaching anymore, and he was right), so I really shouldn't be surprised.
In any case, awesome idea, whoever it belongs to.